USCGC Sherman Association

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Message from Capt Paul Lutz family

Richard Ames
Site Owner

Posted to the Sherman Association Website by Captain Paul A Lutz's Daughter Therese Lutz.

Many thanks to all of you for the kindness shown to my family after the death of my father, Captain Paul Lutz. The flowers you sent were beautiful, and it has been so comforting to read the many letters and posts to his legacy web site from all over the country. We were so glad to meet Roy Martinson, Paul Petry, Leon and Deborah Long, Wilfred Remillard, Christopher Rodes, and Michael Henderson (many apologies if I missed anyone) and to see Dad's shipmates, wearing their Sherman hats, salute at his gravesite during the USCG Military Funeral Honors.

We will treasure the memories of Dad that you all shared with us. Dad loved Sherman and his shipmates and talked about you until the end of his life. His stories were always about his wonderful crew and not about himself. Your stories about him completed the picture for us; it was so great to hear about him in his prime on Sherman. Dad was so lucky to have served with you.

Sincerely,

Therese Lutz

--

Richard Ames
Pres. Sherman Assoc.

December 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.